Thursday 8 November 2007

Leopard incompatibilites

I thought I should maybe post about the issues that have arisen with Leopard being released. Personally I haven't felt the need to upgrade to Leopard yet but I have been hearing a lot about certain apps not working under the new operating system. Therefore I thought I would try and bring together a list of the open source apps that are not yet Leopard compatible. If I have missed anything off of this list, please add them in the comments.

Azureus
As far as I can tell this is an open source app, although I haven't played with it myself. According to MacRumors, this software has conflicts with the airport driver which causes a kernel panic.

The GIMP
An old version of the GIMP, version 2.2.11 has problems with Leopard.

Growl
Some of the growl plugins will not work.

Path Finder
There have been reports of various issues on Leopard. Read more on the Cocoatech blog.

Songbird
I haven't been able to find out exactly what the problem is with Songbird but if anyone has anymore information, please comment.

Quicksilver
I've heard there have been some issues with Quicksilver, but I believe the developer has now released a Leopard compatible version.

No comments: