Thursday 22 February 2007

Open Office for Mac

Another high profile piece of Open Source software that I've been looking into recently is Open Office. At the moment there is no native version that runs in OS X, however there is a version that will run in X11. This is not ideal as there are some glitches that can occur, probably because it's not running natively. This is however, an option if you are unable to afford the iwork package or Microsoft's office for Mac.
I'm checking the Open Office site regularly now awaiting the alpha test version. As soon as I have my hands on this I will post again with some more feedback.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Have you tried neo office as it is optimised for mac and does not use X11

Anonymous said...

Try NEO office

Adam Cheasley said...

Thanks for you comments. I have indeed tried neo office, infact there is a post about it.
I use neo office daily now.